Senior Client Accountant
The Senior Accountant will be responsible of financial planning and analysis, preparation of financial and management accounts of a portfolio of clients while managing and leading a team of accountants.
Client Accounting and Portfolio Management
- Preparation of complex Management Accounts and Financial Statements in accordance with IFRS, Company law and Group guidelines for a portfolio of clients;
- Review of monthly/quarterly Management Accounts and Accounting Reports prepared by the accountants.
- Preparation and review monthly statutory returns including VAT, NPS, PAYE, ,Corporate Tax through the MNS System;
- Manage and ensure statutory filings of financial statements and surveys within the statutory deadlines;
- Liaising and interacting with clients, auditors, other offices and third parties (FSC, MRA, ROC, etc) as required;
- Maintain client relationship by responding professionally on a timely basis and providing quality to clients;
- Deliver work as per SLAs and relevant KPIs;
- Any other duties expected of a Senior Client Accountant or assigned by management.
- Manage, develop and support a team of Accountants with their daily activities and planning, together with supporting them in resolving complex accounting client transactions.
- Ensure the proper review of all the works of the accountants.
- Planning and coordination of work for reporting and analysis purposes
- Ensure that the team is up to date with compliance requirements and changes in the laws.
- Manage special projects by respecting guidelines given by the reporting line.
- Actively coaching a team of Accountants in line with the Company’s performance management process.
- Develop and ensure positive working relationships within the team, company and external parties.
- Proactively identifying areas for improvement.
- At least 5 years work experience in a Global Business Sector
- 2 years of experience in managing people
- Qualified ACCA or equivalent qualifications.
- Excellent accounting software skills will be required
- Ability to work as a self-motivated member of a team, to organise and prioritise
- Excellent interpersonal skills being an effective communicator and listener with the ability to provide clear and precise explanations
- Confident out-going individual with a high level of personal integrity
- Strong leadership skills