Head of IT
We are seeking a Head of IT who will be responsible of providing strategic leadership and oversight the IT infrastructure of the company.
The Head of IT should have a strong technical background in operating, configuring, and maintaining trust and fiduciary systems. The candidate should be familiar with a trust and fiduciary ERP system such as FIS TrustDesk, Infovisa’s MAUI, SEI Trust 3000, AccuTrust’s TrustProcessor, Fi-Tek’s TrustPortal, FIS AddVantage, SunGard’s Global Plus, WealthCare FIS, Microgen 5Series, TrustQuay NavOne, Rockit Solutions, and Pershing’s NetX360. This role will interface with both technical and non-technical teams to support and improve the use of our systems, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations. The individual should possess a deep understanding of the trust and fiduciary business to collaborate effectively with heads of departments on system functionality, use, and training.
- Head Cyber Security, ensuring TrustQore is protected against both internal and external attacks and lead any investigations that may arise. Conduct regular tests and training of staff;
- Develop and implement an IT strategy that supports the organization’s goals and objectives;
- Collaborate with the department and team heads to analyze their business requirements to determine their technology needs;
- Develop and manage the IT budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources. Monitor expenses and identify cost-saving opportunities while maintaining a high level of service delivery;
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, hardware, and software systems. Ensure the availability, security, and performance of IT systems and services;
- Develop and enforce IT security policies and procedures to protect the organization’s data and systems. Stay up-to-date with the latest security threats and implement appropriate measures to mitigate risks.
- Develops and implements business continuity and disaster recovery protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Oversee IT projects from initiation to completion, ensuring that they are delivered on time, within budget, and meet quality standards. Coordinate project teams, manage resources, and communicate project progress to stakeholders.
- Establish and enforce IT governance frameworks and standards to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Implement IT policies and procedures and conduct regular audits to assess adherence.
- Maintain the IT Risk register and any documentation required by regulators in TrustQore jurisdiction of operation.
- Install, configure, and manage trust and fiduciary systems in accordance with established guidelines and business requirements.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve complex technical issues related to trust and fiduciary systems, ensuring minimal downtime and impact on operations.
- Collaborate with heads of departments to define system requirements, functionalities, and training needs, leveraging your deep understanding of the trust and fiduciary business to align system capabilities with business objectives.
- Create and update comprehensive documentation for system configurations, procedures, and policies.
- Conduct regular audits and reviews of the systems to ensure security and functionality.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends in trust and fiduciary systems, suggesting and implementing upgrades and improvements as necessary.
Business Support & Project Management
- Assisting in strategic planning, managing special and critical projects, and coordinating communication between the CEO and other executives or departments and provide a central point of information for involved parties.
Leadership of teams
- Lead and manage the Services Team, including recruiting, training, and developing a high-performing team. Assign responsibilities, set performance expectations, and provide guidance and support to team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field. Advanced degrees or relevant certifications are preferred.
- More than 8-10 years’ experience in IT Industry
- More than 4 years of experience in managing a Team.
- Deep understanding of the trust and fiduciary business, enabling the ability to align technical system capabilities with business needs.
- Proven experience working with trust and fiduciary ERP systems, including configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- In-depth knowledge of trust and fiduciary regulations and best practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an analytical mindset.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and respond to priority changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in trust and fiduciary technology.
- Excellent documentation skills with attention to detail.