The Accountant is responsible of the administration and management of the accounting of a portfolio of clients while managing a team of Junior Accountants.
- The Accountant is responsible of the administration and management of the accounting of a portfolio of clients while managing a team of Junior Accountants.
- Client Accounting & Portfolio Management
- Responsible for the administration of a portfolio of clients including all aspects of accounting and reporting requirements;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end closings;
- Preparation of accountings reports and of monthly/quarterly management accounts required by clients;
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS, Company law and Group guidelines;
- Manage client responsibilities towards meeting regulatory and statutory deadlines;
- Review work assigned to Junior Accountants and to ensure accounting records are accurate and in compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- Review all reconciliation schedules prepared by Junior Accountant;
- To load invoices from suppliers into accounting system
- Load payments on banking profile and prepare all relevant paperworks for payment sign off ;
- Prepare accounting files for audit and manage the audit process.
- Review/Prepare VAT schedules and reports as required for VAT submissions;
- Liaising and interacting with clients, other offices and third parties as required;
- To prepare other reports and participate in projects as and when required;
- Maintain client relationship by responding professionally on a timely basis and providing quality to clients;
- Deliver work as per SLAs and relevant KPIs;
- Manage, coach and support a team of Junior Accountants with their daily activities
- Ensure the proper review of all the works of the Junior Accountants;
- Develop and ensure positive working relationships within the team, company and external parties;
- Any adhoc duties / projects prescribed and assigned by the management.
- Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA/ACA/CIMA – Essential or any equivalent qualifications
- At least 3 years work experience in a Global Business Sector
- 1 year of experience in managing junior people
- Excellent accounting software skills will be required.
- Must be able to work independently, pay meticulous attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills being an effective communicator and listener with the ability to provide clear and precise explanations
- Confident out-going individual with a high level of personal integrity and motivated.