The Client Accountant is responsible of the administration and management of the accounting of a portfolio of clients while managing a team of Junior Accountants.
- The Accountant is responsible of the administration and management of the accounting of a portfolio of clients while managing a team of Junior Accountants.
- Client Accounting & Portfolio Management
- Responsible for the administration of a portfolio of clients including all aspects of accounting and reporting requirements;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end closings;
- Preparation of accountings reports and of monthly/quarterly management accounts required by clients;
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS, Company law and Group guidelines;
- Manage client responsibilities towards meeting regulatory and statutory deadlines;
- Review work assigned to Junior Accountants and to ensure accounting records are accurate and in compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- Review all reconciliation schedules prepared by Junior Accountant;
- To load invoices from suppliers into accounting system
- Load payments on banking profile and prepare all relevant paperworks for payment sign off ;
- Prepare accounting files for audit and manage the audit process.
- Review/Prepare VAT schedules and reports as required for VAT submissions;
- Liaising and interacting with clients, other offices and third parties as required;
- To prepare other reports and participate in projects as and when required;
- Maintain client relationship by responding professionally on a timely basis and providing quality to clients;
- Deliver work as per SLAs and relevant KPIs;
- Manage, coach and support a team of Junior Accountants with their daily activities
- Ensure the proper review of all the works of the Junior Accountants;
- Develop and ensure positive working relationships within the team, company and external parties;
- Any adhoc duties / projects prescribed and assigned by the management.
- Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA/ACA/CIMA – Essential or any equivalent qualifications
- At least 3 years work experience in a Global Business Sector
- 1 year of experience in managing junior people
- Excellent accounting software skills will be required.
- Must be able to work independently, pay meticulous attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills being an effective communicator and listener with the ability to provide clear and precise explanations
- Confident out-going individual with a high level of personal integrity and motivated.
- Applicants must possess general computer knowledge, as well as proficiency in commonly used software packages including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software applications.