Assistant Manager Risk & Compliance
The Assistant Manager Risk & Compliance will ensure that adequate controls, processes, and procedures are in place for the on-going monitoring of money laundering and associated compliance risks. The goal of the Risk & Compliance Assistant Manager is to preserve the company’s integrity by making sure it stays on a lawful & ethical course.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and develop a risk-based approach to ML/TF risk including carrying out regular periodic reviews to ensure that risks on on onboarding customers are managed effectively;
- Ensuring compliance in line with all the requirements outlined in the relevant legislations and regulations, locally and internationally;
- Reviewing and developing existing internal controls relating to the implementation of AML/CFT policy, Risk Management Framework and relevant procedures and framework;
- Report to the Head Compliance on any high-risk business matters and any material breaches of the internal AML/CFT policy, Risk Management Framework and relevant procedures as well as AML/CFT laws, codes and standards of good practice;
- Set in place mechanisms to ensure that any suspicions are reported accordingly;
- Act as liaison with the FIU and other relevant authorities in the absence of the Head Compliance;
- Design regulatory compliance documentations;
- Designing and coordinating the preparation and ongoing review of policies, procedures, training materials and other communication tools to ensure departments meet compliance requirements;
- Working closely with the Head of Compliance and other Senior executives and Team members
- Filing regulatory reports and other documentations in the absence of the Head Compliance;’
- Establishing self-audit and compliance monitoring programs;
- Ensure compliance with all the statutory obligations and provisions regarding AML/CFT and that robust measures are taken by the Company to protect itself against the potential risk of being used for money laundering and terrorist financing;
- Conduct and assist in onboarding and ongoing periodic reviews and compliance monitoring as per plan
- Recommend remedial actions or improvements following compliance reviews
- Coaches, develops and motivates the team. Evaluates performance for growth opportunities and provides regular feedback to the Head Compliance;
- Build a positive team culture with strong positive engagement;
- Any other general admin duty or ancillary activity required to the Compliance and Risk function.
- Oversee the Risk and Compliance department in the absence of the Head Compliance and report to the Chief Executive and/or the Chief Operating Officer where required.
- Professional qualification/ Degree in Law/Business Management or any related field
- Certified compliance professional
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a compliance role in a regulated financial services entity/ corporate services entity
- Good management/leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge in implementing compliance policies and procedures, record keeping and data analysis;
- Critical problem-solving ability i.e. ability to make decisions on information available, which is not always in black and white
- Pro-active, rigorous and strong analytical skills i.e. able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Project management skills, applicant is likely to have to juggle several projects at one time.
- Business acumen partnered with self-motivation, commitment and enthusiasm for compliance and ethics
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English & French)